Monday, October 20, 2008

I am such a dork!

I swear when it rains it pours. Hubby and I had an arguement late last night, nothing big but rather an arguement no less. Well it ending up in the normal make up whoopie and lets just put it this way. I fell onto the coffee table in the living room and ended up in the ER until 10am this morning with a Kidney laceration. Yup you heard it right, it hit the table so damn hard that It caused my kidney (the side that hit the table) to get a little tear in it. Do you comprehend the pain that I was in. Hubby at first thought, oh shake it off you will be fine but as the night went on I couldnt move, my back and my side were in so much pain I would get nauseous everytime I moved in bed. So finally he said thats it, we are going to the hospital. So of course I refused to tell the Doc what happened. Hello EMBARRASSING, then he says well I think you may have a kidney stone, so lets get a CT Scan. I was like ummmmm wellllllll in that case let me tell you something. The laughter that we got was unbearable. So we did the Ct Scan anyway and It is not life threatening obviously or I wouldnt be posting and they gave me IV delauded and valium along with scripts for muscle relaxers, lortab and valium to help me heal and sleep with the pain, since I can not take anything else due to a risk of bleeding. They said its so small that it will heal on its own but if I notice any blood in my urine to hall ass back to the ER. In all we were in and out of there in 4 hours (thanks to the good ole, take care of one of their own policies)..I am home and now just woke up from my drug induced state. So I get to miss work today and tomorrow lucky me and hubby is afraid now to ever get it on, any other way but missionary position laying firmly planted on the bed. My answer to him, was next time have a better grip damn it. I kept my ER bracelet from Today as a token of our crazy night.

2 comments:

Crysbena said...

OMG!!! I'm so sorry. This is funny but geez, I'm just glad you're okay. Poor thing!

A/K said...

That is AWESOME. What a story!! Glad you're ok.