Thursday, October 16, 2008

Me oh my!!

Well I got some news today that is exciting for my husband but so sad for me. I love where we are, I love my job and I would hate to have to leave it. I have worked in Dermatology for over 10 years and I have been with this practice for under 2 years now since we moved here to the Atlanta area. I love being the Clinic Manager, I love all my surgeries and patients and the staff, I swear its like one big family. The pay is great, well less than I made back home in RI but its great for this area and I am happy. The docs I work with are all amazing and caring and treat us all as equals and not like they are better than us. Well my husband has been in the Army since we graduated from College and At the time he could not get the job he wanted most in the army and well that job just came up. He can take it if he wants to. He wants to work for the Military Police, They have a Criminal Investigation Division and something else. If he takes the job that means I have to leave mine and move to some remote place in I dont know where and start at the bottom again. I will know no one and have no job and start by being the new girl again. What if we have a baby?? That means he will deploy AGAIN for the 5th time and leave me whereever we go alone with a baby and a job I dont know. I have followed him around for years and sacrifing my happiness in my job, when is it my turn? He could easily say no and we get to stay here and I get to keep my job and my "family" at work. I dont think he is seeing the big picture with how miserable I will be while he is so happy in his new career. Its not fair. Is it selfish of me to just want some time for me. When do I get my dream?

No comments: