Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mother in law from hell..

Ok seriously.......I LOVE My husband but how on earth did he come from that woman?? He must take after his father who has the patience of a saint. Okay I made my husband swear on his life to me that if we get pregnant again he is not to tell his mother until I send the birth announcement. I don't even want him to tell her that we are still trying to have a baby because seriously I do not think that I can take another snide remark from her.

I want a baby, I want a baby so badly it hurts inside everytime someone in my family gets pregnant and has one but I am the brave woman that I am that I just put on my best smile and cooo and oooh and ahhh over their little bundles of love. I shower them in presents that I wish I could buy for my own baby. BLAHHHHHHHHH my life.

Anyhoo back to the MIL.... okay so she hates me, the reason she hates me is because I took her baby, her youngest child away from her. SHE LOVED ME until we moved in together. She used to call me when my husband was deployed, we used to have great converstations, I used to go over to her house and just sit and talk. I would take her dinner and we would have a good time. I even took care of her husband and every little thing she needed when he had a stroke and my husband and his brother were away with the military because I love my husband and his family is supposed to be my family. I knew they didnt have much money and since his dad was in the hospital there was no income for them so I helped them out a lot. I never asked nor wanted repayment EVER and I still don't because that is what family does (even though her son and I were only dating)...

But as soon as my husband came home from Iraq and he decided to stay with me at my parents house, she started being weird. When My husband went back to his duty station in Georgia and I stayed in RI where my and his family was, she again would call etc. She told me how great I was to him etc. But then one day I decided, ya know what. My husband (then BF) shouldnt have to be in GA all alone so I packed up and moved down there with him. I found a house, a job and moved him in with me to get him out of the Army barracks where he was living in his one room on the military base alone. I took care of him, loved him and did everything I needed to do to support him in times of war.

Well, hubby popped the question and we immediately called his mother to tell her the news. His dad was excited because he likes me...His mother KNOWING we were on speaker phone proceeded to tell him that I was the biggest mistake he ever made and she hung up the phone.

Now let me let you in on a little something. His paycheck was being direct deposited into her bank account and she was paying his bills (WHEN she paid them). But now hubby wanted to get a joint account together so we can make a home together since we were going to get married. SHE FLIPPED (mind you we were adults in our mid-20s)... She wanted his paycheck. I make more money than him so what the hell do I care for. I told him just let her deal with his bills etc if she is going to be nasty about it and I will pay for the house etc. He put his foot down and said no because he and I are a family and this is our home and we will do it together.

Well he deployed to Iraq again a few months later and I took care of all his bills, I worked overtime to pay off some of his college loans. I worked so hard for that year to save money for us for when he returned. She never called me once to see how I was, she only wrote to him a few times and he was bitter about it that he never wrote her. My parents supported him emotionally while he was gone. She would call me asking why he didnt write her or call her and I told her that I have nothing to do with that or any control of that since HELLOhe is 8000 miles away from me. If he chooses not to write then well that is his choice. But me being a bitch told her how I get to talk to him at least twice a day. I know mean oh well.

I finally got the dates of when he will be returning from Iraq so I invited his mom and dad down to Georgia to be here for his homecoming FROM WAR!!! I offered to pay for the plane tickets everything and she said no because she can not take time from work (she was a cashier at walgreens. big deal your son is coming home from IRAQ)...well hubby came home and the next day we found out his mother was all the way across the country in Washington visiting his brother and his wife, mind you his brother has never been to war. WTF IS THAT ABOUT, I was so hurt for him.

Well then I got pregnant finally but sadly ended up miscarrying and his mother had the balls to say, Oh well that is for the best. I wanted to scream at her.

Anyhoo, I got diagnosed with cancer and went through radiation, chemo and a double mastectomy and you know his mother NEVER called to see how I was ever..... Never sent a card or flowers nothing at all but when His dad had a hernia surgery she nearly flipped a lid because we didnt send flowers or anything..it was like HELLOOOOO IM IN BED BALD WITH NO BREASTS that is the least of my concerns.

Tim and I got pregnant again afterwards I was so excited because my oncologist said it was a miracle because I should not be able to get pregnant the old fashioned way..We called his mom to tell them and his dad was so excited his mothers response however is, maybe you shouldnt have the baby, your health is more important. Well I miscarried and my husband called her to tell her and her answer again was well thats the best thing for her right now, she shouldnt have a baby BUT OH your brother is expecting. Great thanks just slap my husband in the face when he just lost a child and you tell him that his brothers wife is pregnant. Could that not have waited just a few days so that my husband could grieve?

Well we keep trying and trying and trying and nothing happens besides miscarriages or nothing at all,. So I give up. Tim and I decided to look into adoption and HIS MOTHER had the nerve to say oh then I can have a stepgrandchild too... I was like WHAT THE FUCKKC...... It wouldnt be your stepgrandchild you half wit. It would be your grandchild..So my husband corrected her saying no it would be our child thus your grandchild and she said well its not the same, maybe you are not meant to have children. Its not good to keep trying so maybe you two can just be happy the way you are. Again, thanks for the compassion. So I kick the idea of adopting and tell my husband so help him god we are going to have a baby. and well here I am, still no baby.

What did I do in my life to deserve such misery and to have her in my life arggghhhhhhhhh. So I told my husband that he can not tell her that we are still trying nor tell her when or if I get pregnant because the stress alone will torture me.

1 comment:

Mrs. Lexi said...

I just have to say how sorry I am to hear about your mil, she sounds like a total witch. I came across your blog from the nest, I am a cancer survivor thinking about trying to conceive. I think you're such a strong person and definitely do not deserve the treatment you're getting from her.