Friday, October 24, 2008

What a week!

Wow this week has been a whirlwind!! It started off with me and hubby bumpin uglies till I bust a kidney..Which is a little better but I still can not lay on my right side and it hurts to get up from sitting or laying down or roll in bed but I can walk etc without any pain at all. So it looks like things are healing. I went to my endocrinologist yesterday and he increased my thyroid medication because he feels that my thyroid may be contributing to my multiple miscarriages and then he sent me to a New perinatalogist today to get worked up for something that my other doctors never tested me for before. They think that I have a clotting disorder called Von Willabrans (*sp) which can be the reason why when I make it to a certain milestone in pregnancy and get an ultrasound there is no heartbeat. This clotting disease can be causing clots in the umbilical cord that is then causing the baby to not get any blood to nourish it thus causing fatal demise. So my new doctor started me back on 81mg of baby aspirin and he is considering putting me on Methyldopa to make sure my blood pressure stays on the low side. Right now since I am ovulating we are going to wait to see if I get a BFP. If I do get a BFP then He is going to increase my progesterone supplements to a daily injectable version which he thinks along with the aspirin will increase my chances of carrying a baby to fullterm or at least close enough to have a healthy baby. IF I get BFN then he wants to repeat an HSG which I have not had in about 6 years along with all these other hormone tests. I had to repeat my prolactin, progesterone, FSH, LH etc today and I have to go in the next couple of weeks to check how my body processes insulin. All which can contribute to me not being able to carry a child to term or get pregnant a little easier than I have been. So IF I get a BFN then I will go and see the new perinatalogist in a month. IF I get a BFP then I have to haul ass back to his office for a chance in progesterone treatments and set up Ultrasounds every two weeks until I give birth. So it sounds promising, we will see. xxxxxxxxxxx Fingers for a BFP because it sounds like this new guy really knows what will work this time so I am so anxious to see if I can finally do this!!

Congrats to all of those who got BFP's this week!!

No comments: